Yusuke MUKUHIRA (Ph.D.)
Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University
Division for the Establishment of Frontier Sciences of the Organization for Advanced Studies, Tohoku University
椋平 祐輔 博士（学術）
- Mar. 2008, B.D. (Engineering), School of Engineering, Tohoku Univ.
- Mar. 2010, M.D. (Environmental Science), Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku Univ.
- Mar. 2013, Ph.D., Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku Univ.
- April, 2010 – March, 2013: JSPS Research Fellow (DC1)
- May, 2010 – June, 2010:Visiting student, Freie University Berlin, Germany
- June, 2011 – July, 2011:Visiting student, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH), Switzerland
- April, 2013- March, 2016:JSPS Research Fellow (PD)
- August, 2014- September, 2014:Visiting scientist, ERL, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- January, 2015-June, 2015:Academic guest/Visiting scientist, ETH-Zurich, Swiss Seismological Service, Switzerland
- April, 2016 – September, 2016:Postdoctoral fellow, Institute of Fluid Science/School of Engineering, Tohoku University
- October, 2016 – August, 2018:Postdoctoral fellow/JSPS Overseas Research Fellow, Earth Resources Laboratory, MIT, Unted States
- October, 2017 – Present:Assistant Professor, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University
Journal/conference paper Reviewer
- Journal of Geophysical Research, Geophysical Research Letters, Geophysical Journal International, Geothermics, Journal of Natural Gas Science & Engineering, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geothermal Energy.
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) expanded abstract, Proceedings of the U. S. Rock Mechanics Symposium
- 2017 AGU fall meeting, Session convener: S027. Induced Seismicity in the United States and Canada
- 2015-: ICDP Drilling into Seismogenic Zones (DSeis) project, member
- March, 2013-: ICDP Japan Beyond Brittle Project (JBBP) observer
- August, 2013: International Symposium In-Situ Rock Stress 2013 organizing committee
Kakenhi-JSPS research grant (科研費)
- FY2010 – FY2013: Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows (DC1), JPY700k/y for every 3 years (PI)
- FY2013 – FY2016: Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows (PD), JPY1200k/y for every 3 years (PI)
- FY2014: Fellowship under the “Young science and technology programme between Japan and Switzerland 2014”, JPY1200k/y for half year (PI)
- FY2015 – FY2017: Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B), JPY2800k/y for 2years (PI)
- FY2018 – FY2019: Grant-in-Aid for Early-Career Scientists, JPY4030k for 2years (PI)
- FY2019 – FY2021: Grant-in-Aid for Challeging Research (Pioneering), JPY5070k for 2years (Co-PI)
- FY2020 – FY2023: Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C), JPY4290k for 3years (PI)
- FY2018: NEDO, JPY 700k/y (co-PI)
- FY2018: JOGMEC, 700k/y (co-PI)
- FY2018: Collaborative Research Project 2018, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University, JPY 365k/y (PI).
- FY2019: NEDO, JPY 1000k/y (co-PI)
- FY2019: Collaborative Research Project 2019, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University, JPY 397k/y (PI)
Project title: Estimation of fracture permeability by integrating microseismic observational data and reservoir engineering modeling.
Project partner: Dr. Justin Rubinstein (USGS), Dr. Jack Norbeck (UCB)
- FY2019: Collaborative Research Project 2019, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University, JPY 374k/y (co-PI)
Project title: Application of core-based inversion to reconstruct stress field in an underground geoscience laboratory. Project partner: Dr. Xiadong Ma (ETH Zurich)
- FY2020: CREST Tohoku team led by Prof. Nonomura, JPY 1000k/y (team member)
- FY2020: Tohoku university young scientist ensemble reseach grant, JPY480k/y (PI)
- May, 2019, Paper award (Japanese society for rock mechanics)
- December, 2016, One of the 5 most highly cited papers during 2014, 2015 and up until June 2016 in Geothermics.
- July, 2015, Outstanding poster award (Ensemble Workshop for Young Members in Research Institute of Tohoku Univ.)
- August, 2014, Fellowship under the “Young science and technology programme between Japan and Switzerland 2014”
- July, 2010, Best Paper Award (RE 2010)
- March, 2010, 東北大学 環境科学研究科長賞
- October, 2009, Best Student Award (JFES 2009)
- Pawan Bharadwaj, ERL MIT, USA, signal processing, blind deconvolution (2018.1~)
- Michael C. Fehler, ERL MIT, USA, mentor/induced seismicity (2016.10~)
- Oleg Poliannikov, ERL MIT, USA, statistical analysis, (2017.2~)
- Anna Suzuki, Tohoku University, Japan, Hydrology/material transport, (2017.4~)
- Naoi Makoto, Kyoto University, Japan, Seismology, (2016.6~)
- Hirokazu Moriya, Tohoku University, Japan, Microseismic analysis, (2016.4~)
- Takatoshi Ito, Tohoku University, Japan, Stress analysis, (2013.4~)
- Carsten Dinske, Freie University Berlin, Germany, Pore pressure, (2010.7~)
- Hiroshi Asanuma, FREA, AIST, Ph.D. advisor/induced seismicity, (2006.4~)
- Hiroaki Niitsuma, Tohoku Univ., Ph.D. advisor/induced seismicity (2006.4~)
- Geophysics (Microseismicity)
- Geomechanics, Seismology, Hydrology, Statistical Seismology, Borehole geophysics, Rock mechanics.
- Resource engineering, Reservoir engineering, Oil engineering.
Hydro-seismologist would be the best word to describe my discipline! But I originally defined…